Leader and Participant Applications
All Columbus campus students are eligible and encouraged to apply for Buck-I-SERV, Ohio State’s alternative breaks program. For consideration, students must apply online by the deadlines listed below.
APPLICATION LINK: http://buckiserv.osu.edu/secure/trip/application.aspx
SPRING 2016 trip applications are now CLOSED. To review where Buck-I-SERV is headed this spring and for a full list of spring trip descriptions, click here:Spring Trip Descriptions 2016
SUMMER 2016 trip applications are now OPEN!
To review our SUMMER trip locations and descriptions click here: Summer 2016 Trip Locations
Summer Application Timeline:
- Group Applications Available - January 29, 2016
- Summer Trip Applications (domestic and international) Available- January 29, 2016
- International Applications Due - February 14, 2016
- Domestic Trip Leader Applications Due - February 14, 2016
- Group Applications Due - February 14, 2016
- Group Trips Notified of Acceptance- February 23, 2016
- Trip Leaders and International Trips Notified of Acceptance- February 29, 2016
- Domestic Participant Applications and Advisor Applications Due - March 20, 2016
- Domestic Participants and Advisors Notified of Acceptance- March 25, 2016
- Summer trips are May 7-14, 2016
We have a lot of trips and a lot of questions within the application, and it's possible the form could time out, meaning the loss of all your work. To avoid that frustration, type short answer/essay responses in a separate document to avoid losing your work due to loss of internet connectivity. This point is really important if you are completing leader or supplemental questions. Once responses are drafted, log back into application to successfully submit the application. See Trip Leader tab to preview short answer questions.
If you submit your application and need to make a change, you can do so until the application due date. Just log back into your application, and you should see your completed information. Hit submit, and any changes will be saved to your submitted application.
You will receive a confirmation email after successful submission of the Buck-I-SERV application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please resubmit application.
Important Dates: SPRING BREAK
- Spring Trip Kick-Off Event: February 12, 2016, 6-8pm, Ohio Union
- Spring Trip Leader Trainings: See Trip Leader section of website for mandatory training dates.
- Spring Trips: March 12-19, 2016 (international trips: refer to individual applications for dates that may vary from this schedule)
- SpringTrip Welcome Back Gala: April 1, 2016, 6-8pm, Ohio Union Archie Griffin West Ballrooom
Important Dates: SUMMER BREAK
- Summer Leader Training #1: Mar. 6th, 5-7pm, Student Alumni Council Room, Ohio Union
- Summer Leader Training #2: Apr. 3rd, 5-7pm, Student Alumni Council Room, Ohio Union
- Summer Pre-departure Meeting (All Advisors and Trip Leaders): Apr. 10th, 4-6pm, States Traditions Room, Ohio Union
- Summer Kick-Off (All Participants): Apr. 10th, 6-8pm, Ohio Union
- Summer Leader Training #3: Apr. 17, 5-7pm, Student Alumni Council Room, Ohio Union
Domestic trip costs for participants range from $250-$450 depending on location distance and housing accommodations. Cost includes transportation, lodging, site fees, and a small donation to your service site on behalf of the group. Unless otherwise noted, food is NOT included in the cost of the trip. See Current Trips for pricing details. All payments for trips are non-refundable.