Leader and Participant Applications
All Columbus campus students are eligible and encouraged to apply for Buck-I-SERV, Ohio State’s alternative breaks program. For consideration, students must apply online by the deadlines listed below.
The WINTER 2016 trip applications will be available by August 9, 2015 at: http://buckiserv.osu.edu/secure/trip/application.aspx.
We have a lot of trips and a lot of questions within the application, and it's possible the form could time out, meaning the loss of all your work. To avoid that frustration, type short answer/essay responses in a separate document to avoid losing your work due to loss of internet connectivity. This point is really important if you are completing leader or supplemental questions. Once responses are drafted, log back into application to successfully submit the application. See Trip Leader tab to preview short answer questions.
If you submit your application and need to make a change, you can do so until the application due date. Just log back into your application, and you should see your completed information. Hit submit, and any changes will be saved to your submitted application.
You will receive a confirmation email after successful submission of the Buck-I-SERV application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please resubmit application.
Winter 2016 Application Timeline:
- Group Applications Available - July 27, 2015
- Winter Trip Applications Available- August 9, 2015
- International Applications Due - September 6, 2015
- Domestic Trip Leader Applications Due - September 6, 2015
- Group Applications Due - September 6, 2015
- Group Trips Notified of Acceptance- September 9, 2015
- Domestic Participant Applications and Advisor Applications Due - September 20, 2015
- Domestic Participants Notified of Acceptance- September 25, 2015
- Winter trips are January 2-9, 2016
- Winter Trip Kick-Off Event: October 1, 2015, 6-8pm, Ohio Union
- Winter Trip Leader Trainings: See Trip Leader section of website for mandatory training dates.
- Winter Trips: January 2-9, 2016 (international trips: refer to individual applications for dates that may vary from this schedule)
- Winter Trip Reorientation Gala: January 22, 2016, 6-8pm, Ohio Union Archie Griffin West Ballrooom
Domestic trip costs for participants range from $250-$450 depending on location distance and housing accommodations. Cost includes transportation, lodging, site fees, and a small donation to your service site on behalf of the group. Unless otherwise noted, food is NOT included in the cost of the trip. See Current Trips for pricing details. All payments for trips are non-refundable.